Saturday, April 19, 2014

Father, into Your hands I commend my Spirit

Image from http://365rosaries.blogspot.com/2013/03/march-23-2013-seven-last-words.html
Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit”; and when he had said this he breathed his last. (Luke 23:46)

Everything might have just ended with the words "It is finished". But no. Jesus said these strong words, "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit".

He knew that His task is completed and that everything has been restored. But, these words carry faith with it because this time, He allowed God to work now through Him to show everyone of His Divine Nature that even death cannot contain Him.

In our daily lives, we are given tasks wherein in the middle of it we experience hardships, or sometimes fall on a dead end. Have we lifted ourselves and our tasks to God saying, "Father, into Your hands, I commend this task to You", or do we just keep it to ourselves?

Brothers and sisters, even if Jesus is God, He showed us in a human way how it is to lift up your concerns to God and to have faith in Him. What we have to do is to anticipate joyfully for our mini "Easter" where God will save us and create something new to is.

The hardships are done now. We wait for Christ's resurrection...

No comments:

Print

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF