Thursday, April 17, 2014

A mother's love...a mother's care

Image from http://www.gci.org/jesus/women
"When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son." Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother.” And from that hour the disciple took her into his home." (John 19: 26-27)

My first encounter with the prayer "Memorare" was years ago when I was praying the rosary. And as I prayed, I was struck by the first few lines of the prayer:
Remember, O most gracious virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
And it is true, and thus was the purpose of Our Lord Jesus when He gave His mother to St. John the Evangelist and eventually to us. He extended her role as not only being the Mother of Jesus, the Mother of God, but also as the Mother of all nations.

Many times in my life when I personally felt Mary's hand guiding to Jesus and also protecting me when I am in trouble. It is during these times when I cry out to her like a baby, "Mama Mary, help us!" And she will be the first to rescue me where she will send people in order to protect us. Often times, she will send and touch the hearts of people in order to guide us to the right path. She clears the way to see clearly God's plan in our lives especially during the times when I was so confused as to where I am going.

Mother Mary is there. She's there ready and willing to help bring us closer to Jesus. She is always there to help, guide and assist us. She is there with arms wide open to welcome us home and to lead us back to Jesus.

Remember, O most gracious virgin Mary, that never was it know that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto Thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

No comments:

Print

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF