Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Living Stones

I got this story from watching The Great Bible Adventure.


There was once a stone that was placed by a builder that is so white and so smooth. He said to himself, "I'm the best that he has." As the builder continued placing other stones beside him, the other stones beside him were very jealous of him because of his smoothness.

As soon as the base layer was done, the builder started putting another layer of stones on top of them. When the builder placed a stone which has a huge dent on top of the smooth stone, this stone said to the builder, "What are you thinking? Can't you see that you're putting this old, dented and dirty stone on top of me? Can't you see that this does not fit? Are you blind? It took me many years for me to achieve this."

Then the builder said in reply, "You know, you're right!" and he took that stone and placed it beside him. When he saw that, he said to the rest, "Now I don't want to see what will happen to that!"

Without him knowing, the builder took out his chiesel and carved that perfect stone on top. The stone shouted in pain, "What are you doing? You're hurting me so much!"

The builder said to him in reply, "I'm making room for him to fit into you." Then, he took the stone and it was a perfect fit to him.

What kind of stones are we?

3 comments:

donfightsforchrist said...

From: Elizabeth J. Dixon
To: Don Simoun, Webmaster
Date: 16th August, 2017

Dear Don,

I would like to ask your permission to use the clever image of found on your website:

.

for use (small size) in my book “How to Hear the Voice of God.”

I have tried to contact CC-Art.com, to ask permission from them, but their site doesn’t exist anymore.

Also, do you have an image without writing on it? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Elizabeth

donfightsforchrist said...

Dear Don, (from )

The image requested is the church - the living stones. Thanks!

donfightsforchrist said...

Dear Don, (from )

The image requested is the church - the living stones. Thanks!

Print

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF