Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cradle God's Word and Promise in Your Heart

Now there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon. This man was righteous and devout, awaiting the consolation of Israel, and the holy Spirit was upon him. It had been revealed to him by the holy Spirit that he should not see death before he had seen the Messiah of the Lord.
He came in the Spirit into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus to perform the custom of the law in regard to him, he took him into his arms and blessed God, saying: "Now, Master, you may let your servant go in peace, according to your word, for my eyes have seen your salvation, which you prepared in sight of all the peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and glory for your people Israel." (Luke 2: 25-32)
Were there times in your life where someone promised you something that you always wanted? How did you react on them?
As a child, I would always hold on tight the promises my parents told me. Any kid would do that too. Even as I grew up, I still hold on to the promises which they give me. I also hold on to the promises which my friends and my loved ones would say to me. I hold them tightly in my heart that I will really look forward to it that one day, I'll receive them.
However, it is not the same as how God would do. Yes, He gave me promises in two related occasions (one is during MMC last year and one was last August 3, 2007). When He revealed it to me, I took hold of them tightly and said to myself, "I'll have this in time. I'll focus everything as if I have it already."
But then I found out that as I was holding it tightly in my hands, I was wounding myself in the process. The promises that God gave me was like a very beautiful yet fragile glass figure that was starting to crack that's why I am getting wounded. I never felt the pain because I was so holding on to it tightly...
That until someone told me that the gift which God gave to me is starting to crack and my hands are all red because of blood. There I felt the pain and the agony of it. I look at my hands and I see the wounds so deep and blood gushing forth. I saw the gift and it is tarnished with blood and cracks. The gift which He gave me was full of blood because of what I did. I just felt sorry for myself for not realizing it.
In His mercy, He went through the heart of that person and told me that I should just carried and hold God's promise lightly in my heart just like a baby in the arms of a father. Then I recalled how Simeon carried the baby Jesus in his arms as he saw the fulfillment of God's promise to mankind.
Since then, I prayed that I may handle it lightly and just let God work on it. I pray that I would follow how Simeon did in carrying the baby Jesus in his heart.

No comments:

Print

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF